I would like to share with you a journey that I have embarked on. It is the journey of blogging. When my baby was born, I knew I wanted to stay at home with him. At the same time, I really wanted to bring money into the family while also having a moment to myself where it was just me and my computer. I needed a way for me to unwind after a long, hard day.
I researched blogging for money, blogging for moms, and discovered that I was not alone in my journey to figuring out how I can make money from home in order for me to stay with my baby. The beauty of this journey is that I have already learned so much and have seen so much positive results that I decided to make this post and share with you the how to start your own blog. It is a lot of work, but it does pay off. The best of all, you don’t need to be a web developer or a super tech savvy person to make it a success.
Below I will show you a detailed, step by step free tutorial on how to start your own blog.
The Basic Break Down of What To Do
Below I will break it down into the easy to follow steps that you need to take in order to start your own blog. You have to keep in mind one thing: there is a lot to learn when it comes to blogging, but it is doable. If it were that easy, everyone would be doing it. But don’t let the challenges intimidate you. I have done it. You can, too. With the tools I will show you there won’t be any need for you to know anything besides how to type, have confidence in yourself, and just start posting. With time, you will see rewards.
WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
When I first started looking into blogging there were so many posts that only confused me and made me think this business was for some kind of tech gurus. I couldn’t find anything that was described step by step, with reasonable amount of help without any extra details that were not necessary but, at the same time, had enough explanations and help for me to know what I needed to do and where to start.
I’ve done the groundbreaking work for you, so you don’t have to pull your hairs out trying to figure out how to do this. In reality, it is very simple.
So, What's the Big Idea...
So, what is the big idea about WordPress?
Well, there are essentially two WordPress – es out there. First, is the .com one. It is free and has nothing to do with helping you make money.
The second one, is the .org one which is the one almost everyone uses, including major brands and companies. The WordPress.org is the one you want because it has all the tools and details you need in order to monetize your blog.
Where do you start? Do you just google WordPress.org? No. Please don’t do that. I gave myself a lot of headache doing it that way. There is a simper way. Read on to find out.
SiteGround - the Best Website Hosting Company
When people tell me there is something that’s ‘the best’ or other, I become a skeptic. After all, with so many companies out there, why is one better than the other? Actually, after doing truly a massive amount of work researching this, reading almost everything there is on this topic, I have learned that SiteGround is rated as the top one among the successful bloggers, businesses, and large companies to host their websites. Follow this link to sign up with SiteGround to start your blog today. You get a great discount when you use the link I provide.
What About Other Hosting Companies...
The people who start off with BlueHost, and other similar companies actually end up switching to SiteGround once they get the hang of blogging and what they need that their hosting company just does not offer, or offers at a cost. Like GoDaddy, they will do it for you, but they will charge you for breathing the air that surrounds you.
If you are a skeptic like me, do your research. You will discover that SiteGround truly offers what others do not and that is the main reason that almost everyone who is successful at blogging, or is a major brand/company uses SiteGround.
More Info Explained
- A hosting company is the place where you will ‘house’ your website. Like a home for your baby. The home is the hosting company. The baby is the website. SiteGround is a hosting company.
- WordPress is the building tool for creating the posts and content for your website.
- A hosting company – I recommend SiteGround – automatically has the WordPress.org option available. So you don’t have to mess with WordPress.com at all. Once you get yourself the hosting company, the WordPress.org website builder will be automatically there for you to upload and use.
- You don’t need to use expensive paid WordPress themes. I highly recommend you use the ones that are free already available in there once you start building your website content.
So Why Choose SiteGround to host your Website?
- SiteGround offers really good prices. You can start your website with just $3.95/mo by using this link here. You get a discount by using the link I provide. Then check out down below to see step by step sign up process tutorial.
- In 2018, SiteGround achieved the incredible 98% Client Satisfaction rate! This is the fourth year in a row that their rate is growing. The company keeps its dedication to customer happiness its number one priority. Their team worked on multiple projects during 2018 to extend the tools they oﬀer to customers, make the client onboarding experience better, enhance the performance of their sites, and stop millions of security threats.
In Addition to that...
- SiteGround oﬀers an all-inclusive performance solution for WordPress sites with its unique SG Optimizer plugin. With its powerful caching capabilities and new front-end and image optimization features, it optimizes the performance of WordPress sites so much that you can see speed gains between 20% and 500% depending on the type of site you run!
- Building a new WordPress site on SiteGround’s platform is really easy with their unique WordPress Starter plugin. With it, you can quickly choose a professional-looking theme and add important functionality plugins to the site, all of which get automatically installed in a click. You will no longer lose time wondering how to power up your site and get the look and feel you need.
Easy Step by Step Sign Up Process Tutorial
Step 1. Choose your hosting plan
SiteGround has three plans and one can sign for any of them with a great discount through this link.
I recommend the StartUp option or the GrowBig plan from the three they offer:
- The StartUp plan is perfect for people with one website that are starting now
- The GrowBig plan is a great value for money offer, including the option for multiple websites and the SuperCacher that greatly improves a WordPress and Joomla website speed
- The GoGeek plan is perfect for people with e-commerce and larger sites, or more geeky development needs like staging and GIT integration
Step 2. Choosing Domain
You can choose to buy a new domain, or sign up with an existing domain. Domain is the www.yourwebsitename.com stuff. SiteGround can do that work for you. You don’t have to go anywhere else to ‘buy’ your domain aka website address.
SiteGround offers free website domain transfer, which is included for GrowBig and GoGeek plans. In other words, if you already have a domain you’ve paid for, SiteGround will transfer it for you for free into their platform.
If you are a totally new beginner and don’t have any websites anywhere, just go with the StartUp plan since you won’t need to transfer your domain. Or, if you would like to have more than one blog, go with the GrowBig because StartUp plan does not offer more than one domain, aka more than one website.
Step 3. Review and Complete
Unlike many other hosting providers, SiteGround advertised discount applies to any of the initial periods chosen during the sign up process. In other words, you get the low price for the one year period regardless of which period of time you choose initially. Other hosting providers only offer this kind of discount for the longest period of time you are subscribing for.
What To Do Next after You Sign Up
Once you get yourself the hosting plan, the domain (through the SiteGround as described above), you are ready to build your website. I recommend you download the WordPress themes that are free. There is really no need to use paid themes, like everyone makes you believe.
The free themes are great, professional, and offer all the tools you might need to start your blog.
After that, all you need to do is build your website and start posting! Good luck in your blogging experience!
Please let me know if you need more help. Send me an email at: [email protected] and I will do my best to help.